Sunday, April 17, 2011

Snack Attack Quilt

The first fabric I went for was my food fabric. I have a craving for collecting food fabrics. I don't know why. Maybe it's all the enjoyment without all the calories. hahaha.

The first quilt I designed this year was the Snack Attack. I actually made two of these. Only one has been quilted so far. It's a companion quilt to the Pantry of Whimsy that I made back in 2007. Do I get extra credit for making the healthy veggie quilt first?!






This quilt measures appox. 51 x 63 inches and contains both raw edge applique and patchwork.

I didn't want static gumball machines sitting in a row on a shelf. I wanted the quilt to have some interest that would keep the eye moving along the quilt top. I did this by adding busy mice and other interesting tidbits like the walking wind-up teeth and candy stealing gingerbread men.

No comments: