Monday, April 18, 2011

How I Stiffened My Fabric


How I Used Aleene's Fabric Stiffener

What you will need:
Wax paper
Junk mail credit card or other stiff card
Aleene's Fabric Stiffener

1. I didn't follow the directions on the bottle. Instead I placed a piece of wax paper under my fabric.


2.Dump a blob of stiffener on the fabric.


3.Use one of those plastic credit cards that come in the junk mail or some other stiff card to spread the stiffener out into a thin layer. I spread it horizontally and then vertically.


4. Leave the fabric to dry overnight.

5. The next day repeat the process for the reverse side of your fabric.


Note: It had a few stiff creases in it that weren't too pleasing so I hit it with my iron and left it to cool and stiffen back up again. Worked like a charm!

No comments: