Monday, March 20, 2017

Island Batik Mini Madness

Mini Madness

The Island Batik Ambassadors have March Mini Madness!!!
The rules for this month’s challenge were that it had to be paper pieced and had to be less than 24”

Finished size 14” x 14”

march IB challenge (2)

I started with the Crazy Pineapple block from  EQ7.

block_thumb1

Next I played with rotating the block.

layout-2_thumb1

This is the layout I liked the best.

66_thumb1

Now for the FUN part….COLORING. I imported Island Batik Dotalicious Fire fabrics. I was soooo excited to get a pack of rainbow fabrics! YUMMY!!!

You can find the EQ7 tutorial HERE for adding fabrics.

Island Batik Dotalicious Fire 1

No matter how hard I try I always end up coming back to rainbows on black. I just love the way rainbow colors pop….but it’s still fun to see all the options.

2

4

3 
Ahhhh, this one is actually very soothing.

5

Then simply click print and sew!
My project was quilted with Aurifil thread.

Videos on how to select Aurifil threads to use HERE
Yummy thread color chart HERE

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

Be sure to visit all the Island Batik Ambassadors and see what they’ve got going for
♥March Mini Madness♥

Nan from Purrfect Spots Designs
Turid from Den Syende Himmel
Stephanie from Quilt’n Party
Pamela from Pamela Quilts
Anna from Ark Angel Creations
Kathy from Kathy’s Kwilts and More
Jessica from Desert Bloom Quilting
Connie from Freemotion by the River
Kate from Seams Like a Dream
Sharon from Yellow Cat Quilt Designs
Tina from Quilting Affection Designs
Jennifer from The Inquiring Quilter
Barb from Bejeweled Quilts
Sally from Sally’s Quilting Corner
Jeanette from Inch Worm Fabrics
Connie from Kauffman Designs
Joan from Moosestash Quilting
Bernadine from Needle and Foot
Bea from Beaquilter
Cheryl from Cheryl Lynch Quilts
Maryellen from Mary Mack’s Blog
Joyce from Hearts Creations
Marlene from Kissed Quilts
Karen from The Quilt Rambler
Marian from Seams to be Sew
Laura from Slice of Pi Quilts
Linda from Inspired Layers
Vicki from Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
Nancy from Masterpiece Quilting
Carol from FunThreads Designs
Terri from Meanderings Along Lizard Creek
Alison from Little Bunny Quilts
Suzy from Adventurous Applique and Quilting
Jean-Sophie from Sophie Junction
Janet from Whispers of Yore

#batik #islandbatik #minimadness #electricquilt7 #EQ7

8 comments:

Sally Johnson said...

OMG!!! This turned out so great and I can hardly wait to finish my mini madness project...

Vicki in MN said...

Usually I see white with the rainbow colors, so yours is so refreshing to see!! It really does make them pop, nice job!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful! The black just makes the batiks pop!

beaquilter said...

looks great! rainbow blocks and pineapple blocks are a great combo :)

Calicojoan said...

I just love that Dotilicious line and what a great way to show it off. Fun to see the color choices from EQ also! When do we get to see the cream colorway? LOL!!!!

Turid said...

I love your quilt. The black colour makes the others pop. Those fabrics are so great. Earlier I thought that batics were pastels, but now I know that you can find them in fantastic bright colours, too.

Pamela said...

Adorable! Dotalicious is such a fun line to work with!

Ariane said...

I think this quilt is amazing!! Gorgeous colour placement and selection. Just beautiful!!