Friday, March 10, 2017

Adding Fabric to EQ7 Libraries

Squeak, squeak. That’s the sound of me getting my post up at the last minute.

As you know I just LOVE my EQ7. It’s like play time everytime I sit down. Today I imported the sland Batik Dotalicious fabric scans into my Libraries for tomorrow’s project and thought I’d share the process.

island batik march madness

STEP 1 – Save the fabric images to your desktop or in a folder so you can easily find them. You can scan your own fabric or find image files from company websites that offer them.

STEP 2 – (User manual page 61) 
In EQ7 click LIBRARIES>FABRIC LIBRARIES. In the dialog box click MY LIBRARY then ADD LIBRARY. Give the new library a name. I use the name of the fabric line.

CREATE FOLDER

STEP 3 – (User manual page 61)
In the same diaglog box click IMPORT> FROM IMAGE FILES and find your saved fabric scans. Use CTRL and A key to select all of them. Click OPEN. Your images are now saved in the IMPORT RESULTS folder of EQ7 but must be moved to the new library you created for them.

FIND FABRIC2

 

STEP 4 – Click CTRL and A key to select all the images you imported. Click COPY.

Now click MY LIBRARY and find the library folder you created. Click PASTE. The fabrics are now in a libary for you to use anytime with any project. Woot!!

copy

Stop back to see what I did with my YUMMY fabrics!!!

2 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Such fun to bring in actual fabrics into an EQ7 Library. Thanks for sharing tips & inspiration. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Vicki in MN said...

Just keep those tutorials coming Carol! I don't think I ever did the copy and move to my library before, mine just stayed in the sketchbook of that particular project! Thank you, thank you.