Sunday, June 12, 2016

Meet A Quilter #14


Today I’d like to introduce you to another amazing designer, quilter, and fellow Island Batik Ambassador, Suzy Webster.


My name is Suzy Webster and I blog at websterquilt.blogspot.com.  I started quilting when I was 8 and rearranged my mother’s scraps into a quilt and asked her to sew it together.  When I was in middle school my parents took the TV down for the summer and I had to find other things to do and that’s when quilting really sank in.

Suzy Webster Headshot FINAL

I started entering my quilts into quilt shows in college and won my first ribbon in 2002.  Since then I’ve won over 70 ribbons at national and international shows.  It’s a bit addictive and it’s how I let my perfectionism come out because it certainly isn’t present in my quilting studio organization….nope, disorganization.

kaboom

I love to do applique quilts and paper piece.  My favorite parts of quilting are designing, picking fabric, and free motion quilting.  I tend to free motion quilts to death because it’s my favorite part of the process.

Vintage

I originally started my blog because it was suggested to do so when submitting a book proposal.  Little did I know that I would love it so much and would let me express myself in new ways creatively.

I currently have a Flower in a Pot Quilt Along going on my blog.  I love to applique flowers.

DSC02060DSC02267DSC02269

I have a book coming out from the American Quilter’s Society in August.  I am so excited!

A big thanks to Carol for letting me be a guest on her blog!


♥THANK YOU♥ Suzy for sharing your beautiful quilts and story with us. Your flower pot quilt along is gorgeous. Keep an eye out for her book everyone!!!

No comments: