Here it is. My little block that’s in Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks magazine. Did you guess which one was mine?
There it is, Spring Bloomers. How cool is that?
But wait…it gets even better…It made the cover too!!! I’m soooo excited.
If you like shortcuts as much as I do here’s a little tip…
In the magazine the watering can template is drawn as multiple parts. When you trace it onto your paper backed fusible draw it as one piece.Then use stitching to complete the design marked in red below. It’ll save time and still look like you used multiple applique pieces. .
You can do the same thing with the bottom leaves. Draw them as one piece, tuck the tulip behind the middle leaf, and use stitching to make it look like multiple appliques were used.
I played with lots of layouts and colorways in EQ7 before submitting my design. I have to keep my final quilt a secret a little longer because it’ll make it’s debut in the Quilts from Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks magazine this summer. But here are some ideas to get your imagination working.
What will you do with your Spring Bloomers?
Sweepstakes Give Away
I’m giving two winners a copy of Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks magazine. Enter Rafflecopter below for a chance to win.
- No purchase necessary.
- You must be 18 or older to enter.
- While we hope you will leave a comment on the post of the day because we love comments, we want no reply bloggers to have a chance at winning also. Rafflecopter will collect your name, country, and email.
- One copy of Quiltmaker’s 100 blocks magazine will be given away to two winners.
- Winners picked at random via Rafflecopter at the end of the day on May, 6th. Winner will receive notification via email. Winner will have approximately 5 days to claim their gift, if 5 days passes, the gift will be offered to another eligible entrant. Winner who will receive a shipped item will need to provide name, address, city, state. All prizes will be awarded.
- Winner will be announced on this blog and in the Rafflecopter window here on this page.Winner agrees to allow their name, city, state to be publicized.
- Odds of Winning a prize are based on total number of rafflecopter entries.
- You are responsible for claiming and paying any tax owed on the value of any gift that you win where applicable.Some restrictions on gifts will apply based on shipping policies.This sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.