Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Our Favorite Things Blog Hop

We hope you’ve been enjoying the sewing space tours. The final stop will be tomorrow with Happy Cottage Quilter.

_____________________

Welcome to my little corner of the house!!

This is the view looking in from the door. My sewing space is a 10’ x 10’ room full of my favorite things. I’m blessed to be able to have a space where I can keep my mess set up all the time.

Looking to the left side of the room you can see my Voyager on a 9 foot frame. At the moment we are having a love/hate relationship. My hubby added some heavy duty wheels from Home Depot so I could push it back to the wall when not in use. On the right side of the room I have my sewing station.

P7170277

A design wall is tucked behind the entry door on the right. That’s one thing I couldn’t live without. It’s made from foam board and you can find my tutorial here.

I’ve tried lots of different layouts and the two tables pushed together against the wall has been my favorite. My primary machine is a Baby Lock Jane. It’s a fast, strong, straight stitching machine.

There’s a sneak peek of the fabulous Island Batik fabrics and my project for the August Summer in the Country blog hop

P7170276 (2)

Thread and machine attachments are stored in little drawers behind me. Lots of my favorite things are tucked in every corner of the room. Yes…that’s a prehistoric boom box.

P7170277 (2)

Everyone should wiggle while they work! Hahaha. My current selection has something for every sewing occasion:)

photo

I LOVE buttons and trees. The set of seasonal trees on my back wall were designed and made for me by a friend on Craftster.

photo 2

A view from the window looking back at the door. I’m working on a new home for my growing pincushion collection.

P7170285

For a while I was hooked on making paper “stars”. Three are still hanging in the corner.

photo 3

I guess if I was forced to pick two of my most favorite things in the room….My first would be this quilt. When my youngest graduated high school we took our last official family vacation. We went on our first cruise and this photo just says “mom and dad you got it right!!”.

Did you know….The photo was re-colored using EQ7 and printed on inkjet fabric sheets.

P7170287

Did you notice my little toy collection? This is my second most favorite thing even though it has nothing to do with sewing. I’m fascinated by wind up and solar powered toys. As you may have already guessed…. I’m soooo easily amused:)

P7170282

The cute sock monkey on the lower right is my latest addition. He jumps rope!!

P7170283

What’s in your closet? Well, mine is a tightly packed walk in closet. I added some cube shelving on top of the regular closet shelf for more vertical storage space.

looking right - tops and project binsP7170288

looking center - scrappy bins by colorP7170289

A few items have oozed out of the sewing room…..My ironing station is in the hall and my cutting table is in the guest bedroom beyond that. That all gets packed away when company comes.

P7170292

Thanks for visiting. Y’all come back August 17th for the Summer in the Country hop.

Everyone that was on the tour…..

island batik logo

I actually met him in person!! Hahahahaha.

Jan2011 Bahamas (44)

11 comments:

Michele T said...

Your sewing space looks very organized!!! I must get a design wall for my little sewing area... Heading over to check your tutorial 😉

LJ said...

Fun, fun. Nice to see how much you can fit into a 10 x 10 room - even a long arm machine!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful place to create! How cute to see your toy collection too!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a neat place to be creative! I mentioned you on my blog this morning! Hope you can stop by! Hugs, Diane

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

Great space! I'm amazed that you can get a long-arm in a 10' x 10' room! And that's quite a diverse collection of CDs.

Connie Kauffman said...

Love how things begin to creep into other parts of the house, like your ironing board and cutting table! Ha! Having your long arm on rollers was a good idea!

Calicojoan said...

Love the idea of being able to push your long arm to the wall when not in use! Now I wish I hadn't put drawers under mine. I squealed with joy when I saw your toy shelves. I have a set of wind up teeth too! LOL!!! I love collecting those goofy "poopin" animals that Joann's fabrics carries through out the year! My kids think I am crazy!
Your room is such a fun place to work. Hummm,..chicken feet, could that been your sneak peek????

beaquilter said...

Your room is great, I think I'm going to come and steal that owl toy...
and it looks like the same V17 and summit as me, with an upgrade or QBOT? what's the "problem" with it now? I'm still having tension problems :( at least on my last quilt.

Cecilia said...

I like your sock monkey! Thanks for sharing your great sewing space.

Pamela said...

Your music selection looks like a lot of fun to me :) Thanks for the look into your sewing space!

adele said...

great space, love your collection of wind up toys and your sense of humor :)