Saturday, August 2, 2014

I’m Baaack and a Quilt Along

___________________________________

UPDATE - Quilt along has started. Click the BOM tab above.
__________________________________________________


Whew. Summer sewing camps are finally finished. Now I can get on to other fun things…..
Anyone up for a mystery row by row quilt along to celebrate that wonderful white stuff…..SNOW?
Grab the button in the side bar and advertise so others can join the fun too------>
snow 1
THE DETAILS
  • A new row will be added each month starting on Sept 1st.
  • Each month’s row will be free for that month ONLY in my Craftsy shop as a PDF download. After that you will need to purchase the pattern.
  • Finished quilt will measure 51” x 66”
  • There will be a link up at the end of each month to show off your blocks.

THE LAYOUT
snow dates

SKILLS USED
  • Paper piecing
  • Machine applique
  • Patchwork

SUPPLIES
  • Blues: These are an idea of the colors I’ll be using
blue yardage

  • White: 2 3/4 yards
  • Green: 1 fat quarter
  • Orange: 3” x 3” scrap
  • Red: 4” x 15” scrap
  • Black: 4” x 12” scrap 
  • Brown: 3” x 18” scrap
  • (6) 1/4” black buttons for eyes 
  • (15) 1/8” black buttons for mouths…or you can use embroidery knots
  • (9) sheets of paper backed fusible
  • ability to print paper piecing templates from your computer
  • hot iron cleaner - optional but recommended
Hope you join the fun!!!

8 comments:

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Brrrrrrr....illiant!!! Mysteries are always fun!!

Michele said...

As you know I don't like snow and I have a ton on my quilting plate already but I'll be watching. Have fun.

Rebecca said...

I want to play...
I have never done a quilt along from the start... but one of my 60+ birthdays is Sept. 3 and I am going to think of this as a BD gift to me...So o I need to sigh up somewhere so I make sure I don't miss something?

Calicojoan said...

Ok, I see you have been very busy. Looking forward to what you have in store for us!

beaquilter said...

Uhhh uhhhhh I want to join - I think... I love snow and I love Blues, sooooo.... maybe I'll wait for clue #1

Frenchqltr said...

It has been sooooo hot here in southern Oregon (over 100 for the past 3 weeks...) plus the fires, I can't wait to see snow!!! Lookin forward to this ....

Unknown said...

I really enjoy a good mystery....c u then.

Lynne said...

Sounds like fun but I'm knee deep (get the pun) in way too many other projects to think about anything new! And if it's not scrappy, it's definitely not likely to even be on my radar! I have so much fabric which is not mine that I need to use up! And more keeps coming as people de-stash and donate!