Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Spring Tree Patterns

I’ve really enjoyed seeing the twisted branches of the old oak trees all winter long but I’m ready for some color. My trees are already getting some buds on them!
I decided to add a grouping of tree blocks to the guest bedroom. This way I can change them out with each new season for visitors to enjoy.
Scrappy Spring Forbidden Fruit Tree
Download the PDF Pattern HERE
Version #1Finished size 16 1/2 x 18
This scrappy paper pieced tree was an EQ7 block that I modified. The Forbidden Fruit Tree pattern is over 100 years old and still fun to make. This is a good tree to try first. If you have any seams that don’t quite match you can cover them with a button!
The same pattern is used to create version #2. Instead of buttons it uses pink fabric for the flowers. It also replaces the sky wedges with leaf fabrics to create a fuller tree.
Version #2
Finished size 16 1/2 x 18

Spring Yo-Yo Tree
Download the PDF pattern HERE
This block uses yo-yo’s to represent the leaves and flowers. The tree is machine appliqued.
Seasons IIFinished size 13 1/2 x 13 1/2

You can easily change out the fabrics to create summer and fall versions.
1
2
Have fun getting ready for spring!

8 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Those are such fun tress!

JoyceLM said...

Thanks for the wonderful free patterns.

Kathy H said...

Thanks for the great tree patterns.

Marian said...

Really cool!!

Jan said...

love them!

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Thank you very much, I love the yo-yo tree ☺
Liebe Grüße
Bente
now following your blog!

Unknown said...

SWEET ! Thank you for posting this , its LOVELY, definately making it ! The yo yo is my favorite, its the bees knees <3 .

kathy said...

Thank you for these beautiful pattern