Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Sew What Monday!


Welcome to the first Sew What Monday blog hop!
Let’s start the week with some sewing love!

Sew What

Please take a moment to share what you’re working on this week or what you finished over the weekend. The link box is at the bottom of this post. Then hop over and visit others on the link list to see what they’ve been up to. Don’t forget to “tell” others by posting my Sew What Monday button on your blog (found in the side bar to the right). Just cut and paste the code located in the box under the button on your web page.

I finished a quilt top for the Quilts for Kids organization this weekend. This was the kit they sent me. It’s a little too funky for my taste. hahaha.

IMG_0595


I also finished part of a wiener dog from the Dare To Be Square Book. He’s looking a little odd at the moment but I love this pattern. He’s also being donated to the Quilts For Kids. The hopeful plans are to get them quilted and in the mail by Friday.

Quilt for Kids is a wonderful organization that gives finished comfort quilts to children with life-threatening illnesses. You can request a quilt kit to make and find out more information about them HERE.


IMG_0597



2 comments:

beaquilter said...

I added your button to my blog too :-) love the weiner dog, I love the owl in that book too!

Lynne said...

I have linked to Sunday's post - because I had already written Monday's post before I read your post. Hope that's okay.