As you know, I teach sewing classes for kids ages 8-15. This summer I’m offering another camp week called Project Sew. The students are given a new sewing challenge each day. They have 6 hours to design, shop and make their projects.
Here’s where I need some brainstorming help. I only have 3 ideas so far and need 2 more. Sorry but I can’t share them prior to class. Top secret and all that. But I will share last year’s challenges to get you thinking.
1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Challenge – Make something useful from a pair of jeans
2. Just Hanging Around Challenge – Create a quilted wall art which must include 1 applique, two 3-D items and a piece of ribbon, yarn or trim(not counted as the 3-D element)
3. One Little Word Challenge – Pick one little word then make a pair of pajama bottoms using 3 customizations that represent your word
4. Tie It All Together Challenge – Create a purse/tote and a matching accessory using 3 notions from the given list and a men’s tie
5. Inside Every Girl is a Goddess Challenge – Create a goddess outfit that represents something about you. They had a few secret objects that had to be included in the outfit.
I know there are a lot of really creative people out there. Please come play outside the box and have some fun with me! Any brainstorming ideas, even if they sound crazy and half baked, are welcome. You never know what might come together.