Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sew What?!

This has been a week of sewing room randomness.

4 stockings completed for the Stocking For Kids program.



I hope you come join the fun.

Stockings for Kids

2 country patchwork stockings found in the UFO bucket. Haven’t decided what to do with those yet. Do you think that teens might like them? Or are they too grown up-ish?


I found some snowmen hidden in my stash bucket and threw them together to make a little sofa quilt. Wonky borders, but hey, another UFO gone…

What will I do when all my UFO’s are gone? Is that possible? Has anyone actually accomplished that? Inquiring minds need to know!


The checked border on my chicken quilt was giving me a headache so it’s been toned down. Once all the little black eyes are put on I think it will be busy enough.

My favorite machine is on the fritz again so quilting will have to wait a week or so. Darn, I was so close to finishing this too. I hope it doesn’t end up back in the UFO bucket….


Since I was digging in the tote of Holiday fabrics I pulled some more unwanted stash to make blankets for the SPCA. I cut some but didn’t get too far last night.


That's Folks....for now...

4 comments:

Marci Girl said...

All those stockings are AWESOME! So nice of you to make so many to donate! My mom made a chicken quilt like that years ago, such a cute pattern and quilt!

Lynne said...

The stockings are cute and the snowman quilt is such fun!

AAnnieC said...

I LOVE the chicken quilt!!! How did you come up with it

Carol said...

The chickens are a pattern called "The Early Bird" by Faye Anderson ©1982. I just changed the borders to fit my needs.