Tuesday, April 19, 2011

UFO (unfinished fabric object) Takes Flight

Way back at the beginning of last year I had an idea to create a "Coolest Men of 2010" calendar quilt. Oh! Calm down the excitement folks I'm talking snowmen. hahaha! I had some design brainstorming help from my crafty friend, Judy, on this quilt. I made two sets of blocks. One for her and one for me. Then it became a UFO....

Needless to say, Judy now has grand baby #2 and #3 to enjoy so you can see why this UFO needed to get moving along.

I love humming birds so May is my special block. August is her special block. The boat is named after her first grandbaby and the name of the treasure map was her Etsy Shop.

This quilt top was completed in February. I'm dropping this quilt off today to be long arm quilted at A Needle Runs Through It

This quilt top measures approx. 63 x 75 inches. The designs were done using raw edge applique. I'm sure you've already guessed that's one of my favorite types of quilting. The borders were foundation pieced.

1 UFO almost completed ~ Hooray!!!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

I can't wait to see your quilt when you get it back!