Thursday, July 27, 2017

Light Master Light Box

Ahhh, have you seen the wonderful Light Master light box from US Art Supply?

  • They come in three sizes 9x12, 12x17, 17x24
  • The bright LED lighting is dimmable
  • It’s super thin

My new toy tool arrived just in time for my guild’s paint chip challenge. Below is regular computer paper on the light table and the light is on a dimmed setting. Ohh~la~la!  

IMG_5432

Speaking of paint chip challenges…Have you ever participated in one? We each drew a random paint chip and had to create a block of our choice using fabric that matched the paint color.

Sounds simple right? That’s what I thought too…but what I learned was…

1. My silly paint color changed depending on the light it was viewed in. Below in sunlight it was almost a perfect match but under the lights at the guild meeting it turned a pinkish red. They must have thought poor girl just didn’t get it.

2. Most people found the perfect fabric match from old stash. Hmmm, current fabric colors don’t relate to current paint colors.

3. Was a fun think outside the box game to play.

This was my finished block. I used a fun swirl pattern from Geta’s Quilting Studio.

 IMG_5452

What should I make from my block?

3 comments:

Quilting Tangent said...

Pillow, wall quilt.

Calicojoan said...

Love it. On the computer screen it looks like a perfect match!!! I've got that pattern saved for a rainy day myself. Wonder when that will happen, and what I will do with it too?????

Moira said...

The light pad is something that I'm looking for and could really use in my quilt designing. I'll keep this one in mind.