Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Fun From Quilt Retreat

Last week was spent at the beautiful Valley Ranch Retreat. I relaxed, laughed with friends, relaxed, ate good food, and finished lots of things that weren’t on my “to do” list. Oh well.

My big finish was my block swap quilt. That’s my sewing bee friend, also named Carole, with her finished quilt. The other 7 are in various stages of being finished. We were the “over achievers” for this project. Oops, I guess I should have held mine in the other direction so they looked identical.

IMG_5351

We had several group projects going on. I made a phone stand for my daughter and one for myself. Now we can craft chat hands free. You can find lots of free patterns out there to make these.

IMG_5350

I also finished two zipper bags. This one was bound so it’s flat for my small rulers. Tutorial can be found HERE.

IMG_5362

This is the exact same bag pattern only I stitched the sides and boxed the bottom corners instead of binding it.

My sewing bee friends and I all made table toppers. I love how they all look so different. Can you guess which is mine? These pre-stamped June Tailor projects can be found at Joann Fabrics.

IMG_5354

Most quilters stop at the quilt shop on the way to a retreat but we had a lot more fun hitting the shoe store. These made me think of Dorothy’s ruby slippers… “There’s no place like ….quilting retreat.” Hahaha, you know I’m right!

IMG_5347

Crazy to say but…
it’s never too early to start planning all those little Holiday gifties

Oh, did you guess the brown mat was mine?

1 comment:

Carole said...

It was a great retreat! You missed mentioning all the reading time on the porch. Looking forward to the next one1