As promised, here’s a tutorial for the ballerina outfit for a PG Tips 6” monkey.
This is crochet using an E needle
sl st – slip stitch
ch - chain
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
tr – triple crochet
You will be crocheting a tube. If you need detailed help here is a great photo tutorial.
1. Chain 34
2. Without twisting the chain, slip stitch in the first chain from the hook creating a ring.
3. Chain 1 (do not turn). Single crochet in each stitch around. At the end sl st in the chain 1. You will have 34 stitches in your row.
4. Repeat step 3 three more times. You will have a total of 4 rows.
5. Chain 1 and do the following:
1 sc in the next 13 stitches
1 hdc in the 14th stitch
1 dc, 1 tr, 1 dc in the 15th stitch
1 hdc in the 16th stitch
1 sl st in the 17th stitch
1 hdc in the 18th stitch
1 dc, 1 tr, 1 dc in the 19th stitch
1 hdc in the 20th stitch
1 sc in the next 14 stitches
sl st in the chain 1 from previous round, tie off and hide your tails
You will need a 1/4 yard of tulle. You can make it all one color or alternate strips of two different colors.
1. Cut 34 strips from the tulle approximately 1 1/2” wide and 7” long.
2. Insert the crochet hook through a sc from the inside of the bodice (A). Fold the tulle strip in half and pull it through the sc (A-B). Then pull the “tails” of the tulle through the loop you created (C). Pull the knot snug (D).
3. Repeat for each sc around the bottom of the bodice.
4. Do a final trimming of the tulle to a skirt length that you like.
(OPTIONAL) You can add neck ties if you want the dress to stay snuggly in place.
#pgtipsoutfit #pgtipsclothes #pgtipsclothing #pgtipsmonkey