What are your sewing New Year’s resolutions? Did you make any?
My resolutions for the sewing New Year were...
- Get back to using my sewing super powers for charity on a regular basis. I’ve let that slip and really miss that part of sewing.
- Help the UFO’s, unfinished fabric objects, take flight out of here.
- Get my bitty scrap bins under control.
- Use my Go! cutter more. After all santa did give it to me for a reason.
- Add monthly themed posts: monkey or doll tutorials, EQ tutorials, Island Batik Ambassador project.
- Get back to a monthly newsletter with a free design.
- Add an end of month round up post.
- Make new projects of course!!! Unfortunately some will be top secret for a while.
So looking back at February I wasn’t perfect but I did pretty good.
- 12 small kennel quilts were sent to Louisiana and 24 donated locally.
If you need a great sewing charity come join the TQPM Small Kennel Quilt Team.
- The Island Batik Ambassador boxes arrived. Galentine’s Day projects were created with a free tutorial for pennie pockets.
- A Day of the Dead table runner was sent on it’s way from the UFO pile.
- Dusted off my Go! cutter and cut some of my scraps into binding strips and I spy blocks.
- Posted a monkey ballerina tutorial.
WOOT! What will March bring….
In case you missed all the fun. Here’s a round up of the Island Baitk Ambassador Galentine’s Day projects.
Nan from Purrfect Spots Designs
Turid from Den Syende Himmel
Stephanie from Quilt’n Party
Pamela from Pamela Quilts
Anna from Ark Angel Creations
Kathy from Kathy’s Kwilts and More
Jessica from Desert Bloom Quilting
Connie from Freemotion by the River
Kate from Seams Like a Dream
Sharon from Yellow Cat Quilt Designs
Tina from Quilting Affection Designs
Jennifer from The Inquiring Quilter
Barb from Bejeweled Quilts
Sally from Sally’s Quilting Corner
Jeanette from Inch Worm Fabrics
Connie from Kauffman Designs
Joan from Moosestash Quilting
Bernadine from Needle and Foot
Bea from Beaquilter
Cheryl from Cheryl Lynch Quilts
Maryellen from Mary Mack’s Blog
Joyce from Hearts Creations
Marlene from Kissed Quilts
Karen from The Quilt Rambler
Marian from Seams to be Sew
Laura from Slice of Pi Quilts
Linda from Inspired Layers
Vicki from Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
Nancy from Masterpiece Quilting
Carol from FunThreads Designs
Terri from Meanderings Along Lizard Creek
Alison from Little Bunny Quilts
Suzy from Adventurous Applique and Quilting
Jean-Sophie from Sophie Junction
Janet from Whispers of Yore