Monday, November 30, 2015

Holiday Travels

How was your Thanksgiving holiday. Did you travel? People were so unusually polite and patient at airports and on planes this weekend.

We had a bit of time to spare while waiting for our flight in Philadelphia so we headed over to the Mummers Museum. My grandmother was a seamstress and used to sew these amazing costumes. Have you ever watched the Mummers Parade on New Years day? Here’s a video clip.

Mummer Museum Philadelphia

Of course I had to give the Mummers strut a try while there. Hahahaha.

at the museum

We had a whirlwind trip to visit family. I took my mom to Ellis Island to find her mother’s name on the wall. It was warmer in New York than it was here in Texas!!!

I imagine this was quite a sight as they entered the harbor.

statue of liberty (3)

This is the Central railroad building they would’ve passed through.

It would have been quite grand in its day.

Have a wonderful week everyone!!

No comments: