Monday, November 9, 2015

Houston Recap and Random Projects…

I had a lot of fun at the Houston Quilt Market and Festival this year. Were you there?

Houston 2015 (7)

I met Joan from Moosestash Quilting blog and her two fun friends, Joi and Shona. I had the privilege of joining them for dinner, laughs, and shopping during preview night. ♥Thank you for adopting me♥. I also met several of the Island Batik Ambassadors. Getting to meet some of the people I chat and work with online in person was priceless.

Houston 2015 (5)

Joan and I purchased our Town and Country kits from The Gourmet Quilter. Are you going to be playing along? There’s still time to join!

funthreads and moosestashJoan from Mootsestash Quilting, SusanClaire from Gourmet Quilter, Carol from FunThreads Designs

I spent time working in the QuiltWoman.com booth with designer friends Reeze from Morning Glory Designs and Tina from Quilting Affection.

reeze and tina resizedCarol from FunThreads Designs, Reeze from Morning Glory Designs, Tina from Quilting Affection

This is the AMAZING quilt that some of the Island Batik Ambassadors worked on in secret. It was given as a surprise gift to Kathy for her 30th year anniversary in the industry. It’s made from the Island Batik French Roast collection. I contributed two blocks and was very lucky to be there to share this moment.

island batik

My pin collection has grown by leaps and bounds. I need to make a wall hanging to hold them all.

houston pinsresized

This weekend I dusted off my embroidery machine and played a bit.

snowball 1 resized

These adorable snowballs stitch up quickly and can be found at Embroidery Garden.

Egads!!! How cute is this!!!

snowball 2 resized

For some reason I’m really missing the fall colors and chilly weather this year:(

1 comment:

Calicojoan said...

It was our pleasure to "adopt" you. What a fun time! Hoping we can do it again next year. :-)
I am loving those snowballs. Oh no...now I might have to dust of my embroidery machine too! Your a bad influence! tee hee.