Thursday, September 18, 2014

Off Playing and Random Things

 

Guess where I just spent my week playing?…..Seattle, WA. 

And this time Mount Rainier was visible almost all week!  It’s hard to believe something that big can just vanish without a trace but it does.

photo 1Mount Rainier from the Vashon Island ferry

I spent the week visiting my best friend. We organized her sewing “stuff”, set up her cutting and sewing stations, and got her sewing. Woohoo!!!

We visited the Island Quilter on Vashon Island and QuiltWorks NorthWest in Bellevue. Here’s my haul. Hmmm, apparently I was hungry and in a dottie mood now that I look at the pile.

and…FUN, FUN, FUN

I also spent 4 days at the Longarm University in Kent. What a WONDERFUL opportunity!! Cindy Roth, Dian Keepers, and Ione Whitney shared sooo much information with us my head is still spinning.

We did lots of practice doodles and I sure do need practice. I’m going to date and keep this to track my progress.

My favorite exercise was taking one simple design and learning how to progressively turn it in to other things. That’s supposed to be a palm tree by the way:)

Dian Keepers led us through a surprise paint & thread paint project. Challenging but fun. Here they are all lined up on the frame as we worked.

all art

I LOVE irises so I added a curvy border and hung it in the sewing room as a fun keepsake from class.

Sadly the weekend has come to an end. Another view of Mount Rainier as I fly away home.

photo 3

What have you been up to this week?

1 comment:

Michele said...

Oh I'm jealous of your class time. I've been thinking a ton lately about next year's MQX and am itching to learn something new.