Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Alphabet Quilt and Sewing Room Fun….

Our guild had some blocks that have been sitting around for a while. They match an alphabet story book they have in the book program.

Slight design error on the top right ribbon border but by the time I found it I wasn’t taking all that apart to start over!!!!!
The blocks were made by various guild members. I only needed to make the jack-o-lanterns, gate, and kettle blocks to finish the set. I also made the A, B, C, and D corner blocks.
guild quilt feb 2014 (1)
Crafty randomness…..I also made a shelf for my growing collection of wind up toys. I needed to de-clutter my sewing tables. Now I can look up and enjoy them…and easily fiddle with them when I need a sewing break. LOL.
wind up shelf_thumb[2]
Have you seen the racing grannies? Check out the video…they’re a total HOOT!!!

What silly, fun things can we find in your sewing room?? 

3 comments:

Michele said...

The quilt turned out great and I can't help but chuckle at your collection. Now I will be thinking of you when I see one of those.

Cheri the Quilting Nanny said...

I know what you mean about finding a little mistake at the end and not wanting to tear it apart to fix it! Has happened to me a few times! I hadn't even noticed yours until you mentioned it so it calms me a bit to think that others won't see mine! Are the blocks appliqued?

Snowcatcher said...

This is really full of pizzazz. I never would have noticed the corner if you hadn't said anything. I make mistakes in my snowflakes sometimes, and people always tell me the same thing; I shouldn't have said anything because they never would have noticed! But isn't it funny how they stare out at you after it's too late if you are the maker?