Thursday, March 21, 2013

Horsing Around…and a New Pattern

Since I missed my March guild meeting and didn’t get any new puzzle kits to work with I had to dig in my stash and create my own fun. I know I said I’d post next week but it went together faster than expected.
x
I pulled some old books out and was flipping through Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteel ©1982. That’s when I spotted this wonderful 15-inch horse block. Isn’t it cute!!!
1
Well, the wheels started turning……The result was a colorful, fun quilt for a little child. You can easily whip this up in a weekend.
print
finished size 48” x 48”
The fabrics I ordered aren’t as bright as I expected
but mine will be a quilt for charity

 Download the PDF Horsing Around pattern HERE.

A big THANK YOU to Georgia Bonesteel for giving permission to share her horse block as part of the pattern I’m giving to all of you.

Hope You Find
Some Crafty Inspiration in Your Day!

3 comments:

Debbie J said...

I have that book and its one of my all time favorites. I never made this horse block, but wouldn't it be great for my new grandson to be?! Great looking quilt!

Jodi - usairdoll said...

What a cute block! You did a great job on your quilt and somebody is going to ne very happy when they get it. I'm saving this pattern for sure. Thanks for getting permission from Georgia and sharing it with us.

Lynne said...

Oooo, lovely! Thank you and Georgia!