Saturday, November 24, 2012

Busy Creating

I received a bit of a creative challenge and have been playing “outside the box” again. This was a really fun project to work on.

I was given 3 photos and asked to create a personalized wall hanging. She said there were lots of antelope and deer on the property so I added that one to the stack.

What an amazing place to live. Can you imagine waking up to those views every day!

photos

Next I picked the fabrics I thought I would use. I ended up swapping some during the design process.

IMG_2755

My rough idea…

IMG_2749

Created in fabric….

house and photoI changed the angle of the view a little bit because I really liked the porch.

IMG_2814The stairs and retaining wall were really hard to draw and not that interesting so I added the antelope to the front.

Again, I changed the angle of the road just a little so it would be in the correct position to the house.

 

All finished…

IMG_2800

A few detail shots…

IMG_2803

IMG_2806

 

Take some time this week to get creative and play outside your box!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Es muy pero que muy bonito. Simplemente maravilloso.

Sabes mucho eres una genia!!

Lynne said...

Wow! Carol, that is amazing!

TroubleT said...

This simply lovely! :)

I'm jumping into my first MAQ swap very soon so don't be surprised if I come knocking on your door for suggestions. ;)

Amy zimmer said...

Absolutely amazing! Just wow!

Aileen said...

Your wallhanging is Fabulous! I love it. Really makes me want to get way out of my box. I am working on it. a little at a time!
Aileen from FL