Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ginormous Pieces of Art

I’ve probably said this before but I’ll say it again…..I find architecture amazing! It’s like looking at ginormous pieces of art.  It doesn’t matter if it’s old or new. It just fascinates me.

A trip back in May (don’t think I shared these yet) to Austin, Texas, was no disappointment in this category. All the old buildings were signed and dated. Fabulous!

austin city (1)The Driskill Hotel 1885

capital bldg austin (1)Texas State Capitol 1888

austin city (7)Frost Bank Building 2004

paramount theater austin (2)Paramount Theater 1915

 

Slow down, take a look around and have a fun day everyone!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Wow! I like architecture too but mostly I just see late 20th century brick veneer suburban homes without much character. Maybe I need to get out more! LOL