Thursday, December 29, 2011

Glad December is on It’s Way Out

Whew! December has been a busy, busy month. Between the holiday, baking, visitors and teaching sewing classes over school breaks I need a nap. hahaha.

I wanted to share a photo from my 2 day quilting class. This was a class of advanced students ages 10-16 years old.

They created the “I’m a Wiener” quilt from the Dare To Be Square book. I’m so proud of them!!! This was a BIG challenge in a short period of time.

They learned to piece with 1/4 seams, machine quilt using a walking foot, and attach bindings. This photo was taken with various stages of bindings being done.

They have already taken my beginner quilting class, which uses the quick turn and tie method to complete quilts. The beginner class also learns to piece using a 1/2 inch seam.

book

Next time your at the book store take a look at Dare To Be Square by Boo Davis. It’s full of fun quilts and patchwork projects. Most of the projects are great for using up stash scraps too. The book has a very thorough section on patchwork and quilting basics with plenty of large photos. There are instructions for 10 quilts, 2 baby quilts, book cover, vest, 2 pillows, table runner, place mats, pot holders, apron, stitched cards, tote, and a stuffie.

5 comments:

Carrie Me! said...

Their quilts are great!! What a fun class.
Thanks for the book recommendation, love that quilt on the cover.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

:), I like this work in this page, you are standing up with great information! This web page is much helpfull!
I´m Ane, from Manchester, and I will be a fan of this page, my hobbies may not be in the best interest of everyone but I say them anyway I adore online poker as well as tv shows, and I also listen a lot Metallica on my roadtrips, I´m without boyfriend at the moment so male users....just kidding :)! I already tried online dating It did not worked out very well....
I made this comment cause as I previously said I really like your page I also have a forum just as you, but mine is many different from this, it is about free poker money....:)
I will also have to apologize for my writting it was the only way I get to talk with you....Good evening to you all, Bye, by the way Happy New Year

Mrs.Pickles said...

wow great work everyone!

Mrs.Pickles said...

wow great work everyone!

Judy said...

You are the best teacher I know! I would not be quilting if not for you!