Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fascinating Friday Quilt Along–Week 11

This is it folks. The last of the Fascinating Friday entries.

I would LOVE to see your quilts. Please share them in the flickr group when you finish.

quilt photo


Week 11 – Section 1

Cutting Chart – Darks
Block A – 5 ½ x 4 ½
Block B – 5 ½ x 4 ½
Block C – 10 ½ x 6 ½
Block D – 10 ½ x 6 ½

Assembly
Sew Block A to Block B then
Attach to the top of Block C
Sew Unit A-C to the top of Block D
1
Section 1 finished size 10 1/2 x 16 1/2
2

Week 11 – Section 2


Cutting Chart – Darks
Block E - 1 ½ x 1 ½
Block G – 1 ½ x 2 ½
Block H – 1 ½ x 2 ½
Block I – 2 ½ x 2 ½


Block K - 3 1/2 x 4 1/2


Cutting Chart – Lights
Block F – 1 ½ x 1 ½
Block J – 1 ½ x 2 ½



Assembly
Sew Block E to Block F then attach to the right of Block G and the left of Block H
Sew Block I to Block J then attach to the bottom of Unit G-H
Attach all to the left of Block K
Set aside
1
Section 2 finished size 6 1/2 x 4 1/2
2

Week 11 – Section 3


Cutting Chart – Darks
Block L – 3 ½ x 1 ½
Block N – 4 ½ x 1 ½
Block O – 2 ½ x 2 ½
Block Q – 3 ½ x 1 ½
Block S – 1 ½ x 1 ½
Block T – 5 ½ x 1 ½


Cutting Chart – Lights
Block M – 1 ½ x 1 ½
Block P – 1 ½ x 1 ½
Block R – 1 ½ x 1 ½
Block U – 1 ½ x 1 ½


Assembly
Sew Block L to Block M then attach to the top of Block N and the left of Block O
From left to right sew Block P, Block Q, Block R and Block S in a row then attach to the bottom of Unit L-O
Sew Block T to Block U then attach to the bottom of Unit L-S
1
Section 3 finished size 6 1/2 x 4 1/2
2


Sew Section 3 to the bottom of already completed Section 2
1


Week 11 – Section 4


Cutting Chart – Darks
Block V – 4 ½ x 8 ½


Assembly
Sew Block V to the right of already completed Sections 2-3
1


Sew Sections 2-4 to the bottom of already completed Section 1
1

Sew Week 11 to the right of already completed Weeks 8-10 that are pinned to the design wall 


Sew this row to the top of the design wall to complete your design
week 11


Borders
Cut 4 ½ inch wide strips for the borders out of black. I cut mine on the crosswise so they are approx. 40 inches long. You will need to sew 2 of them together to make long strips.


Sew on the left and right borders. Press and square up the corners.


Sew on the top and bottom borders. Press and square up the corners.

 TADA! YOUR QUILT TOP IS FINISHED!!!

Quilting
You can quilt any way you like. My first one was tied and my second one was machine quilted with a pantograph (edge to edge). Both look great.




funthreads.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Alyson said...

I started on this this weekend! I am making it at half size as a gift for my boss's retirement. He's a huge Trek fan.

I finished sections 1-3 this weekend and it's looking pretty awesome. I posted a cruddy cellphone pic on flickr but I can't post to much because we're not sure how much he's actually paying attention. The retirement party is on the 15, so I'll be able to post a completed photo after that.

Just wanted to thanks for this fantastic tutorial!

Alyson said...

Done! I completed the quilt in the nick of time for my boss's party. I posted a pic in the flickr group.

Thank you for hosting this amazing quilt-a-long!