Thursday, September 15, 2011

My New Sewing Room

Two weeks of moving, sorting, cleaning and painting  and my new sewing room is finally 99.999% finished. I'm sew excited. It's waiting on one more shelf from Ikea and the flannel sheet for my design wall to be hung.

My goal was to have everything in one place instead of all over the house, have it organized and have a space to display some items of crafty goodness.

Tada!


This is the view from the doorway. I love sewing in front of the window.
The ugly yellow 1970's desk isn't even recognizable anymore. It's fresh and white.


All my books are in one place. The bins are hidden UFO's in progress.



Still waiting on one more Ikea shelf to go above this one. All my specialty threads are organized here.


Cutting station and wall to display quilts on.


This rod is going to be my design wall and is waiting on a flannel sheet to be hung. It's also my ironing station.
Sadly I have to share my space with a rolled carpet and weight bench...for now.

And the best is last....an organized closet with closing doors to hide everything. Woo Hoo!!
I've sorted and folded all my fabric by color. Under 1/4 yard into scrap boxes and over 1/4 yard into larger boxes. Even my supplies are sorted and labeled on the top shelf. Patterns are in labeled notebooks.Yes...I even color sorted my buttons into jars.

 There is even room to hang my finished quilt tops. Happy Dancing!
Hope you enjoyed the tour:)

2 comments:

Judy said...

What an awesome space Carol! You have waited a long time to have your own space, I am very happy for you and I can't wait to see the projects that come out of there!

Lynne said...

Congratulations on getting it done. I had to put my on hold because I am sick!