Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sewing for Charity

Do you share the passion you have for crafting with a charity? If not you should. There are so many wonderful organizations out there that would put your gifts to good use.

Everyone can join in. The kids from my sewing classes donate their time several times a year to sew pet blankets and pillows (beds) for the local SPCA. They are so excited each time we arrive with a new pile.

One of my personal favorites is Quilts for Kids. They collect comfort quilts for children with life-threatening illnesses. Some states have local chapters so you can donate your quilts close to home. They will even send you a pre-cut fabric kit upon request. All you need to do is add the batting and time to finish it. I always send back a quilt or two from my stash with the finished kit.

I just received another kit yesterday. Just look at these cheerful colors. I can't wait to get started on it.


I was also pondering the idea of a naughty and nice quilt using some stash Wizard of Oz fabrics. Hmmmm. Stay tuned to see where that goes.....


Here is another sneak peek at something I'm working on. It's not related to the charity sewing. I've always got several things going at once.

No comments: