Monday, October 1, 2012

Last of the Puzzle Quilts Finished

This was my last Puzzle Quilt kit. It contained lots of random bits left over from somebody’s quilt and one really cool finished block. I was really afraid to work on it after I saw what was in the bag but it turned out to be the most fun.

This is what it is now…

It needed a lot of background fabrics to make it the correct finished size. I added the black, blue and orange border fabrics from my stash.

Since the scraps were so weird I decided to go with a totally improvised wonky style piecing. No measuring. Just sew, press and trim. Although the design is balanced the blocks are actually wonky in shape and size.

I think it turned out kinda nifty considering what it started out as. Don’t you?

IMG_2536finished size 42 x 42

Happy Crafting

and

remember to think outside of the box now and then!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat looking quilt!

Lynne said...

Oh wow! Oh my! That is spectacular! I love it!

jen said...

Do you have a pattern for this? I just love it.